Tested methods to grow your followers on Instagram
There are many ways to grow your following on Instagram. The best way to do it is the traditional way by increasing your presence organically. This is both reliable and potentially a long-term relationship with your audience. Organic growth involves a lot of investment from your end but gives you the satisfaction that your ideas are important and you did it yourself. Some ways or methods to organically grow your following are:
1. Content is King: There is no doubt the content you talk about will give you the maximum number of organic growth on social media. If your material is not informative or not well written, people will lose interest. When you are looking to write the right kind of copy, remember the content must be:
- Engaging: Engaging content will grab the maximum number of eyeballs. If you have quality content, the audiences are more likely to stay and absorb it. You can create engaging content in the form of posts, creatives, Infographics and more.
- Evergreen: Generating evergreen content is easier said than done. Often people make the mistake of only posting topical content. Instead, you should try to promote emotions such as shock, humor, or awe. This kind of post makes for an interesting read and is universally satisfying.
- Relevant: Social media consultants will tell you that you can tweak settings on the posts to reach the right kind of audience. This will not just make for targeted exposure of your content; it also ensures the reduction of the noise on an uninterested reader’s timeline.
2. Promotion vs. Information: It is important to find the right balance between promotional and informational content. Too much promotion and the audiences will read your bluff that you are all fluff and little substance. Alternately, too much information could make your social media marketing heavy or too serious.
- Timing is everything: An old cliche is ‘timing is everything’. This is true of your presence online as well. Social media experts will tell you that for you to gain popularity and grow your following organically, it is vital you post your information at the right time.
- When: Many people are under the impression that one should post when most people are online. However, most social media consultants will tell you this will only make your posts a part of the noise. Instead, social media advisers ask people to post during the downtimes.
- Context: Make sure you get the context right. For instance, if you are posting something over the weekends ensure the post is an easy read. People prefer to relax during the weekends. Heavy information after a long week’s work is something people can easily lose interest in
- Relevance: You must write information at the relevant time (topical). For instance, if you are writing about an event, you are better served to push this information closer to the event date. This will make the conversation relevant, informative and useful.
3. Promote yourself: If you want people to follow you on social media you will need to first let them know that you exist in the social media platform. There are some things you can do to promote yourself using what could be considered soft push techniques. Some things you can do is:
- Join communities: Every platform typically has communities and engagement groups that focus on specific topics. These groups encourage like-minded people and people with the same interests to interact with each other and exchange ideas. Join these groups and become an active participant in discussions.
- Influencer marketing: If you are aware of influencers in the platform, go ahead and soft sell yourself to the influencer. When the influencer says you are good, a lot more people tend to look you up and will by default give you a listen and follow you
- Follow competitors: Do not be afraid to be engaged with your competitors. It not only gives you greater exposure to their body of work, but it also exposes you to a bigger target audience and increases your chances of gaining followers if you can convey your ideas effectively.
- Offline and online presence: You must showcase and tell the world you are available online in all your communication. For instance, provide your social media platform details on your business cards, letterheads, posters, websites, email signatures and so on. This will spread your online details easily.
Instragam is the most trending platform in todays social media. Set you goal and focus on it.The traditional way by increasing your presence organically. Make close activity with your potential follower for a long run relationship.